Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 136 - I DID IT!

So first I had to weigh in on Friday because Jeremy and I had all day plans for Saturday. I lost 0.6 this week - still headed in the right direction.

But yesterday I completed my first 10k! I participate in the Nike+ human race - i did not need to go anywhere, just hooked up my ipod and off I went. My goal was first to finish and second to finish under 3 hours.

Well I was able to run a portion of every single kilometer exept the very last one. I finished in 2hrs 24 minutes and 34seconds. I got early, about 6:30am so that I didn't have to contend with the heat so much, though it was getting pretty sticky by the time I got home. Even though I was pretty exhausted I remembered from my weight training days that it is best if you can eat something with in 20 minutes after working out so I managed to eat and then crashed for a few hours.

When I woke up I was a bit stiff and could tell where I was going to be sore - so I took a nice hot bath with epsom salt - miracle worker! This morning I am barely sore. There are a couple spots but not all over my body like it would have been.

I think I like my 2 -3 mile run/walks better, but there is nothing like being able to say that I can finish a 10k!

well that is all I know for now.

No comments:

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...