Saturday, July 8, 2023

You control you

 Who could have known how important these words and learning to put them into practice would be later in life.  

My household is full of nerodivergent people of all ages.  Not one of us is the same in our nerodivergence.  Therefore what is soothing to one of us can often be over stimulating to the others.  This is nothing new. 

Knowing how genetically "popular" this is, I'm sure you've seen the tiktocs asking did your parents "fill in the balnk".  If you go down that rabbit hole,  just be prepared, times are not different they just didn't give it a name.  It was also welcome to life, people are not going to bend over backwards for you.  You controll you.  You do what you need to make the situation work for you with in the parameters of that situation.   

Now we have names and a whole slew of resources that just say the same thing.  One of the things that works for our nerodivergent house is head phones.  For my youngest the leapfrog ones below are amazing.  First they can blue tooth or hard wire into his device. Seond there are 6 different options just in the head phones, i.e. calming music, dance music, directed activities, learing about rainforest. 3rd they are limited for kid safe decibles - so even when he has it maxed out he's not doing damage to the ear drums.  

So find out and teach you control you to ypur household. Do whay works that fits with in the situation parameters and know we see you, we support you, and we are learning not judging when you see us looking. 


Leapfrog headphones

No comments:

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...