Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 124 - "Rain Day"

Can't call it a snow day, because obviously it isn't snowing. But there is a lot of rain and some wind. We haven't lost power and I've been through much worse storms in the midwest. The news is making people panic and sound like it is really bad - ok where the tornados touched down isn't so good, but that isn't near us.
Work closed down today, because us the flooding - there is a lot of standing water - they don't drain well around here, but some places have seen more than 10" of rain.
I had to go out earlier - I just took Jeremy's truck, but I really would have been fine in my van.

So once worked closed I took the advantage and got a few more hours of sleep. Now I am making lunch and then I am going work out - it will be an inside work out.

Driving down the street it is like livin in a ghost town. There are very few people out and nothing is moving but the trees in the wind. Its crazy. Its so different than how people from the midwest would (and I have seen) act and go about their lives in a strom like this. Its crazy. I mean it is gray out, but it isn't supper dark like we are use to.

Well that is where things are. We are AOK and there is nothing to worry about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

40 minutes on the 10K training program – that’s great progress!!! I currently run 10 minutes, then walk for 1 minute- it works great for me! You have to do what works for your own body. You know by now that your body will certainly let you know. If you get blisters on your feet frequently (I do), you might want to try blister free socks. I get mine from Road Runner Sports. You can order online at Roadrunnersports.com, They have two layers, one wicks away the moisture keeping the other layer dry. Since I have been using these, I have not had a blister. They are made by Wright Sock and come in thin, medium or thick. Needless to say, with the way I sweat, I use the thin coolmesh ones. Your really doing a tremendous job – you inspire others to follow your path.

Pat Bridgforth

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...