Friday, January 15, 2016

35 days till next 1/2

AAAAHHHHH!!!!  How does the time always sneak up on me - I signed up with there was over 150 days left this should not be a surprise!

Well at least between the space coast 1/2 marathon and this one I did not stop training.  I focused more on the cross training with 21 day fix and p90x3 and distance walking on Saturdays.  However now it is crunch time.    So last night I got in a 3 mile trainer and Saturday I will go for distance.

I had reached out to the ladies of Mom's Run this town (#MRTT) about my speed.  The walking just wasn't seeing great improvements like I wanted.  They encouraged me to go back to my intervals.  I wasn't sure, but I did it last night just to see what kind of difference it would make.  Yeah ok it made a huge difference! My average pace per mile (which I need to be at 16) went down to 17:08 from 18:28 +.   My only issue?  That was only 3 miles and I was tired!! Can I do that for 10 more miles?

Well we are going to see what happens on Saturday for the longer distance.  I thank all the ladies in the #mrtt who are always there to support me, answer questions and even suggest meeting up to run together.  It is great to belong to another group of women who know how to lift each other up and not put them down to lift themselves up.

We are all at different speeds and places along our journeys.  We all have our stories and our dreams. Together we are helping each other over come and reach those dreams.

 

No comments:

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...