Saturday, May 3, 2014

Making Memories Kind a Week

Oh man this has been a crazy week of making memories.

So the radiator on my van was leaking, so the hubby removed it and ordered a new one (love that he can do this!).  This left us to carpool all week.  We leave close to the same time and work near evaporating ying ch other so it is manageable.  We each had to adjust our schedules and teerrst our flexibleness - but we made it and chose to enjoy the rare extra time we got together.

Then we make it to Thursday night and its time to go get the  mimaw.  We make it as far as orlando and the truck starts snacking and jumping .. needless to say we didnt make the rest of the 4 hour journey.  We took a tow truck ride back home.

This was extra disappointing because minaw was coming down to see her oldest grandchild graduate with her AA before even graduating high school.  Thankfully my phone has skype and we arranged to have the video call so mimaw could watch the graduation live.

So we get to Friday night. We make it to the stadium, sit down and it proceeds to pour!  Oh well we were seared and the show must go on.  I got the phone up and running, even remembered my portable battery charger, and we got the video chat up with mimaw.  my ohine with back up battery worked perfectly and she was able to watch Chris walk across the stage and receive her diploma. :-) it meant the world to both of them.  As it brought memories back of my gram being at my graduation.

We figured out the bout of soaking rain, that eventually stopped, were tears from Chris's Papa watching from Heaven.  He idolized his little Christine Angel and he would have been so proud of her!  She has changed her families history by just stepping across that stage.

Her dad and I couldn't be more proud of her and all.she's accomplished.


Update on IRUN4 buddy Jocelyn: she had a great time at prom (I will post pictures next post), her sugars are still aall over the place. Like 140 down to 40 - if you've lived with or area diabetic you know how draining and tiring this can be.  please keep praying for her and that going through this with the glucos monitor will give them answers. 

Happy Saturday, may it filled with many blessing.

Please check out Jocelyns facebook page at: Hope for Jocelyn.

No comments:

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...