Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Finally did it

So it was official weigh in this morning, a loss of 2.3 pounds!!!  Which is huge all by itself.  Then you add that I have busted the 10lbs lost mark, another huge success.  But wait there's more, does this sound like an infomercial yet?, I have been watching, and waiting and watching, to break below 260.  I was painfully going down by tenths of a pound ... then this morning 258.9! I not only broke below 260 I smashed it by 1.1 lbs!! I am happy dancing all day today!!!

These next two weeks the mimaw is with us (hubbys mom) so her and I have decided that each day, besides Sunday, we will get up at walk a 5k before I have to go to work.  That means 5am we walk out the door, so I can be back and showered in time to catch the carpool .i.e. the hubby to leave for work.  Needless to say my mornings are a little more rushed than I would like and I'm feeling pretty exhausted by the end of the day - but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I don't know where I would fit a workout in right now if I wasn't getting up, but with out her there I think my brain might find excuses to stay in bed. :) We finished day 3 today.   This Saturday I will walk the 5k with her and then I will do another 5k to make a 10k for the Mother's day virtual 10k for my buddy Jocelyn.

I am asking for extra prayers for Jocelyn as she had to go to the hospital yesterday evening.  Her fever went higher and her platelet counts are really low.  When Jocelyn gets sick her marrow is attacked.  This girl, she always finds a smile! She keeps me rolling.  There is no excuse I could ever come up with that could counter act her influence in my life.

Happy Wednesday, may it be filled with many blessings.


Mother's day week Picture of Mom - year: 2008


No comments:

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...