Monday, July 28, 2008

102 - long day

Well - I am going to be at work until at least 5pm, but probably later so at about 1 when I noticed I was getting tired I went outside and walked for 15 minutes. It was just the trick to wake me up - got the blood moving.
I have 6 veggies and 1 fruit already for the day.
We tired out both salads last night, we like them both but like the Greek power past salad best so I am copying it below to share with all of you. ENJOY!



Greek Pasta Power Salad

light meals
POINTS® Value: 9 Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 12 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Chickpeas are an excellent low-fat source of protein, and the feta cheese in this salad adds flavor. This salad's so leaded with nutrients, it's a complete meal in one dish!

Ingredients
8 oz uncooked multi-colored rotini
1 small onion(s), red, chopped
1 small cucumber(s), sliced and quartered
1 cup cherry tomato(es), or grape tomatoes, about 10 average, halved
7 oz fat-free red wine vinaigrette, or fat-free Greek dressing
7 oz cooked garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
6 medium olive(s), jumbo, black and pitted, chopped
3 oz feta cheese, crumbled

Instructions
Boil pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water to prevent further cooking.
Put pasta into a large bowl. Add onion, cucumber, chickpeas, tomatoes and olives and mix well.
Pour in dressing and toss. Sprinkle feta cheese over salad and toss again.
Refrigerate in 1 1/2 cup portions until you are ready to eat.

© 2008 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2008 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.WEIGHT WATCHERS and POINTS are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. and are used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc.

No comments:

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...