Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Great Weekend, things to work on

I had a very, very rough race.  I knew it was going to be tough with all the people, what I hadn't counted on was the sever humidity that hung in the air till well after the race was over.  It was like trying to breath water.  So for the first time in over 5 years I had an asma attack that had me stopped in my tracks.  I kept putting one foot in front of the other until help came by, but there was no finishing this race.  I was very disappointed at first, but now it has upped my motivation to keep pushing and training and to get the weight off.  I need to keep pushing myself past my comfort limits to get past this time of hurdle.  So this next year ( I have my next 1/2 marathon scheduled for Nov 30th!)  I will focus on picking up my speed and pushing to make my lungs stronger.

I really enjoyed the time I was able to spend with my family.  Seeing my niece and nephew run the kids dashes and get their first medals was an amazing experience.  Seeing my friends push and reach the finish of the 10k was awesome!!!!  I am so proud of them.  I'm even more proud of my one friend that had to sit out due to an injury.  She really really wanted to do it, but knew to try was to risk further injury and the potential of being picked up and not being able to finish.

All in all the Disney half marathon was a good experience.  A lot of lessons learned and things to focus on.  And I got the experience of having my parents, my boyfriend, and my sister all there to cheer me on.  Living in different states makes that no an option that is available often and we took full advantage of it!

On top of that two very opportunities also took place - I got to meet two other women from my IRUN4 group, we have been talking for month and support each other in the group and for the first time we got to meet in person.
The second thing was my hair was getting too long again, so I went to the Barber on Main Street Magic Kingdom and had about 10" cut off.  That is being sent in as a donation to http://www.childrenwithhairloss.us/.  I love being able to do this.  I feel better with the weight of the hair gone and I know some other little girl, or boy, will be happy to be able to have real healthy hair.

Here are a sample of pictures from the weekend:










No comments:

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...