Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Words to spread

Today I am posting the link of another blog - its important that messages like this get out and continue to spread so girls young and old every where.  These are what we should be spreading to our girls and woman, not the magazines that are airbrushed to perfection. http://www.viralnova.com/father-letter-to-daughter/

**Ok stepping off my soap box now ***

On exercise news: Only ran two bridge miles yesterday.  Had started on the third (to put in the 4 miles) but has I got half way up the bridge, my body just did not feel right.  With a 3k race this weekend and the half a week from Sunday I'm extra tuned into my body.  I will still train, I won't listen to lazy excuses, but I won't push either.  Pushing is now saved for race day.

I did some extra body weight circuit training when I got home to up the exercise for the day.

Another plug, I am not paid by and do not get any compensation for this, but do you sometimes find it hard to work out? Then you see a post by a buddy that says they just did such and such work out, or a friend says hey come on lets go for a walk and you suddenly find the energy.  The competition factor is what I've always called it.  Well if you are like this, like I am, then there is a great place for you to track your work outs, make good friends, and have a plethora of awesome resources at your finger tips: fitocracy.com.  Its like playing a game and you get points for working out! I love this site.  If you decided to join, add me my user name is HopCoach.  If you aren't sure how message me your email and I will send you an invite.

Happy Hump (wednesday) to you all!

1 comment:

Crystal Morales said...

Way to go on the workout! Nice to see you blogging as well! :)
I wanted to mention in re: to what your dr said about needing a personal trainer... I have PCOS and I didn't successfully lose weight until I cut out processed foods and started eating clean whole foods, in small meals, 5 times a day and doing P90X and jogging 4x a week consistently. It came off slow, that's for sure! I've seen people drop 40lbs in 6mos. Took me almost 2yrs to lose 40lbs. But it came off with day in and day out of clean/whole food and weights/cardio. I only lost the last 10lbs after increasing the intensity of my workouts with the bootcamp and joining a gym where I could lift more weights than what I had at home. My body had become used to my home routine. I also had to tweak my protein/fat/carb intake for my body to respond better. But I did it without a personal trainer. Just had my hubby working hard alongside me and friends who were also successful that were sharing their tips with me. And my Facebook group I started kept me accountable. It is possible! If you ever wanna pick my brain, feel free to ask! Always happy to help if I can, esp another PCOSer! XOXOX Keep it up! You'll get there! I promise! (Also, since Ive lost weight, I have WAY less cysts!! YAY!) I wish I had buckled down earlier so maybe conceiving wouldn't have been as difficult... Ah well can't change it now. I'm excited for you!

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...