Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy Half way there Day

Back to reality yesterday, from a 5 day FANTASTIC vacation with my family.  I have decided to start my mornings a little bit differently.   In my head I call it 25 to start.  So after my alarm goes off I do 25 crunches, 25 incline pushups, 25 squats, and 25 tricep dips.  This way everyday starts with exercise.  It gets the blood pumping and I've begun my day in the right, healthy state of mind.

Today was day two.  It was a little harder this morning as my muscles were sore from the day before, but I completed my 25 to start.

I have found, over my years of trying to manage my PCOS, that is the littlest things that make a big difference.  Three years ago I decided I was going to start running.  I used the Free 5K101.com program and followed its instructions of 3 days a week going out there and putting one foot in front of the other.  On Dec 1st I completed my 1st half marathon.  Had a set back in this past Sunday's 1/2 marathon, but made it 8.5 miles and am learning my lessons from it.  I am already signed up for my third 1/2 marathon coming this November!  3 years ago a 1/2 marathon was just a bucket wish list item I never, ever thought I would complete.

That helps with the confidence level and renews my hope that I will find the right combination to get the weight off.  It may be many years down the road still, but I know if I keep making the small changes they will add up to the BIG ultimate change of weight loss.


Have a blessed Wednesday

No comments:

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...