Tuesday, February 11, 2014

11 more days

Just 11 more little days until my second 1/2 marathon!!!!!   

I've decided this time around, since its only been two months since I ran the last one, that I will focus on the hill work. As you can see from the previous post I'm running 2-4 miles over a cause way (read tall, long bridge over water).  

Most of my training runs are flat - the biggest "hill" is my driveway.  Well in 11 days part of the course is running over the free overpass.  Distance wise I know I can do the 13.1, just did that.  And over the course of the week last week I ran:
Monday = 4 miles bridge
Wednes. = 2 miles bridge
Friday   = 4 miles bridge
Saturday = 3.1 miles neighborhood

For a grand total of: 13.1 miles for the week.  

I've also decided that my hair is getting too long and heavy again - so after I run the race I will be chopping my hair and donating it, again.  Since I'm at Disney I've decided I will make an appointment with the barber's on main street and have it done there :) Pictures to follow. 

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work training - you are on the home stretch! Can't wait to hear how the race goes and see the pics of the haircut.

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...