Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Transformation Tuesdays

In case you haven't noticed, facebook has days of the weeks that people have taken to post picture that meet the criteria.  Tuesdays seems to be transformation Tuesdays (#TT), Thursdays are throw back Thursdays (#TBT).  So in honor of that and just finishing Live Healthy America 10 week challenge I looked back at my running career.

Here is what I wrote up in response to the Live Healthy America request for response:

My story isn't from just this year but over the past 4 years.  It all started May of 2011 when my sister and I decided that we would run Disney's Expedition Everest 5k obstacle course and scavenger hunt the following year. The race was 5/5/2012. I spent the rest of the year training and then decided to check what a Disney race was all about and ran the Disney Halloween 5k October 2011, this was my first 5k ever.

I have PCOS - poly cystic ovarian syndrome - and I struggle with my weight.  It didn't seem to matter what I did as far as eating or working out, but I wasn't going to let that stop me.  I continued on - each year participating in the Live Healthy America 10 week challenge, which always seemed to come just at the same time my frustration with weight loss was getting the best of me.  I would sign up with a team and renew my efforts for those 10 weeks and beyond.

I am still struggling with my weight, but this year I have found what is called Maximized living for my nutrition plan and paired it with my 2-3 days of running and 2-3 days of weight lifting and I am finally starting to see results on the scale and on the inches lost.

To date I have run more than 15 5ks, 1 10ks, and 2 1/2 marathons.  I have another 1/2 marathon scheduled for this November, though 5k's are still my favorite distance. Most exciting for me coming up on April 19th -the Egg Scramble 5k will be taking place in my community, an even that I have been co-organizing since August of last year.  We currently have 70 runners signed up.

If you would have told me 4 years ago that I would be a 1/2 marathoner and would be organizing my own races I would never have believed you.  I am so proud of where I have made it and know there are great things in my future.


I run 4 buddy/coach Jocelyn Update:
She is still feeling weird, so the EEG is being rescheduled.  She had PT yesterday and worked really hard!  Her tube is still burning and bleeding, so if by mid week it is still causing problems they will have to go back in.  She has been having glucose issues, which have made for some long nights.  Please keep her and her family in your prayers.  And through it all she smiles and if the weather is good she goes outside and jumps on her trampoline or has meet ups with friends.  This girl is my super hero!

No comments:

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...