Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wow, exciting day and its not even lunch!

So I came in late to work last night to do some testing.  Stayed for a few hours and got done half of what I needed and called it good for the night.

FF to this morning, come in get the extra equipment I need to run the next parts of the test - nothing! not working.  Ok no problem, call another engineer over and we try the things we know to try, but still nothing.  I tested the project lead give him a heads up and he says no problem, will be there in a bit.

FF an hour or so and the project lead comes to help.  We are changing wires and updating software and then as we go to plug in the last wire - BOOM! Blue/white spark of 400V!!!   No one was hurt, just fast beating hearts, oh and a dead unit!

So currently I am stopped in my testing again while I await a technicians help in reading another unit for me to test with.  He will investigate the other unit and what needs to be fixed on it at a later date.

Never a dull moment when you are an engineer.

On the remedy front and symptoms: I got a headache last night, but it was mild and was able to push through and work it away - that does not happen often, but I was happen last night was one of those times.

The next one is a bit more of an issue, started yesterday, my lower right back side ( just above my behind) is hurting.  I was able to walk it off yesterday when it sparked.  Today I woke up with it, I feel it when I sit or when I stand.  I can still walk to ease it.  Not sure what this is, but I hope it goes away soon!

Ok, so far that is it for today.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...