Friday, January 31, 2014

Yippee!

Ok so good news, yesterday was weigh in day ----- down 1.8 pounds!!!  Not sure if this is the holistic remedy working or the placebo effect of trying something new, but I will take it!  Only the weeks ahead will tell if the remedy is making the difference, but my hopes are high, high, high!!

Even better news: Only 21 days until I get to see my family and 23 days until I get to run the Disney Princess Half marathon with my sister!!!  We both picked up running separately as adults (both having been soccer players as kids).  When we found out each other had found running we made plans and ran Disney's Expedition Everest together.

Well fast forward about two years - I had planned, trained and ran my first half marathon (sick as a dog) at the space coast marathon.  While training for that my sister calls me up and says hey lets run the princess half together!  Sure just over 2 months to recover and continue training - why not?!!

I am so glad I made that decision.  Each day I get more and more excited.  My sister is a faster runner than I am so we won't be running side by side, but we will be in the same race and I know she will be there at the finish line waiting for me.  As well as my parents and boyfriend.  

With my sister living in MN and my parents living in TX, they don't get to see me race, so this is a rare experience.

For your viewing pleasure - the 2014 Disney Princess Half Marathon Course Map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations on the great results! Twenty one days will fly by. I hope you continue to channel this positive energy!

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...