Monday, January 20, 2014

New week, new attitude (again)

Each week is a chance to start over, and I take it.  This Friday I will be making the trip north to see the homiopathic doctor.  I know it will not be a "fast cure" but I am hoping he can help and has different ideas for me to try.

I was sick last week so I didn't get to keep up with my training, but I feel better today so here is to a week full of 1/2 marathon training.  Just 32 more days until my sister and I run the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon!!! It will be her first 1/2 and my second.  I am so excited.  My Niece and nephew will be running the kids dash on Friday and Uncle Ian and myself plan to be there when the cross to surprise them. :)  My sister made my niece and I matching sparkle skirts - I can't wait to get a picture together in them.

The thing that helps me push through some of the tough workouts: http://www.whoirun4.com/.   I am matched with a great 4 year old little boy who has Hypo Hidrodic Ectodermal Dysplasia - which means he cannot regulate his own body temperature and requires a cooling vest in hot weather and other times as well.  We send pictures and comments.    He's an extra reason to get out there and get moving.  

If you are a runner, or just want more motivation to work out check out this site http://www.whoirun4.com/ and follow the sign up process. If you are the parent of a child that could benefit from being matched with a running, please go to this site and sign them up.   There are currently over 2000 runners signed up waiting for their running buddy/coach.  If you know of friends or family please pass on the word.

Have a great Monday, y'all

No comments:

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...