Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Change your Faces

QOTD ""Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." -James Baldwin" 

I saw this quote on one of my fitness pages this morning and it just hit true with me. It has been 6 years since I moved to Florida.  I have been focusing on my weight for a lot longer, but the last 3 and a 1/2 years I have really been focusing on my fitness in the form of running.  I've seen a slight difference in clothes size, about 1 size, and not much change on the scale.  As those of you who follow my blog know there have been some very discouraging moments with that.  However I finally have proof - for myself - that what I am doing is good and having some effect.  I had to renew my drivers license and take a new picture.  I wonder if you all will be as surprised as I was when I compared the two.  Let me just say I did a little happy dance right there in the DMV office!!!   I know the number on the scale doesn't really, really matter in the scheme of things - but when that is how you are judged whether you are healthy or not it is hard not to care.  This gave me the boost not to care, at least for a little while. :) 

Happy Tuesday - may your day be filled with blessings beyond your imagination. 


                                                        2008                                     2014


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great quote to start the day - and on top of it some perspective from the DMV of all places. I love the happy dance!

I want to share 2 of my favorite quotes that get me through long hours at the gym and the ups and downs that come with fitness. "Focus on progress, not perfection." "Transformation is not a future event, it is a present activity." It's the small things that add up to progress being made and transformation of the mind.

Happy Tuesday!

I did it!!! I am Published

 I did it!!! I finally pushed myself and got something published - already thinking what to do next.  But first this one.  I put together a ...